Thursday, September 16, 2010

True Blood: Real Vampirism?

For years now, vampire stories and movies have been the source of cult followings and nighttime terrors. Well, that is before the shiny, twinkling, mushy vampires appeared. When I was little, I was able to watch vampire movies of old such as Blood for Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula (this gave me the most nightmares LOL), and Nosferatu (I didn't get nightmares from this, I couldn't sleep at all!) on tapes and VCDs. When Twilight was released and got so much POSITIVE reviews and fans, I thought the age when vampires were hot yet extremely dangerous were done. I was on the brink of mourning and despair.

I am happy and proud to say that the dangerously hot vampires are not yet dead. As shown in the picture, while Eric Northman is still angst-y and delicious, real vampires are back. I would put hearts in this post but I think vampires would vomit blood when they see it next to their names. LOL

Aside from True Blood, a more teen-friendly vampire-centric show is currently aired on ETC. Vampire Diaries is the mixture of twilight barf but with the edge of True Blood. PLUS Ian Somerhalder as the hot and dangerous vampire, Damon is such a great sight to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment