Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fortunately, Boredom hasn't Killed me yet

Unemployed for almost 8months now. It's not like I haven't been looking for a job, it's just that the jobs that I like give me crappy reasons why they can't hire me or why I'm better suited else where. The most brilliant reason is "You might get bored with this job" and other variations. Believe it or not, it has been said to me not once, twice, but three times out of 5 interviews. One interviewer even said that I "look studious" and speak above average English so I can find a higher paying job. wtf?! When has speaking good English been a deterrent in finding a job? I don't know if I want to yell or laugh.

What makes me wonder is that why do they always say that I will be bored? Do I ooze boredom from my pores? Do I have a sign on my forehead warning them that I am bored? WHY!?

No comments:

Post a Comment