Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Of Gods and Guns


I always ride the bus when I go home from the office so I am always stuck in traffic; watching "action films" from yesteryear. Today, everything started like any other day. I sit, look hesitantly at the television, while trying not to laugh out loud, and wait until I get freed from my misery. However midway through the trip, a preacher dude suddenly took out his holy book(not Catholic so i don't know if I should call it the Bible. and no, this is not a euphemism for something dirty.) and started to preach at us. What made it memorable was a) it was my first time experiencing this and b) because as he was reading verses from the book(it was in tagalog BTW so I was a bit lost) the background was gunshots fired, babies crying, and people dying.

For me it was like poetry in our modern times. I forgot who said this but I must agree with him/her (read this from the Atheist Bible) MORE PEOPLE HAVE KILLED IN THE NAME OF GOD THAN FOR ANY OTHER NAME.

To clarify, I am not an all out atheist...I'm more like a deist.

No comments:

Post a Comment